Tuesday, November 13, 2007

In This Style 10/6

I am entertaining ideas
This morning.
A tea party for my thoughts,
If you will,
Only with coffee.
Being a good host
I must ensure that these ideas/thoughts
Mingle,
Make friends.
Connections.
Make certain an idea
And their Ex
Are not invited at the same time
Or not to sit down a hot thought
Next to a jealous one’s
Flirty husband.

There is danger in this gathering,
Like any party.
It may be a success.
And like any party
The opposite is also true.

This morning, however, my ideas are civil.
Thoughts, well mannered
Yet persistent
&
Coquettish.
A few run their hands
Through my hair,
Whisper in my ear,
Tug at my lip with their teeth.
I am not surprised at their
Displeasure
When I request
They come back at a later hour.
Nor am I surprised when
They linger
In the corner awhile longer,
Innocently…
Hiking…
Up…
Already short skirts,
In order to win my attention.

But you have been detained,
Have you not,
Alice.
You are late
Perhaps to fuss with your dress
Eye liner
And white locks.
You are not here,
My fantasy.
I cannot recall you
As hard as I may try.

You will come of your own
Accord,
At your leisure,
To wink me
A taste
Of what it may be like
To love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home