Friday, November 9, 2007

G, Julia, Hal, and I Walk Hand in Hand (p.2)

Moments later,
Hal seizes me by the throat
Thrusts me into the spotlight
Naked
And afraid,
Opened by her flood;
Breaths words into my loneliness,
Guides my tongue to taste
The contempt
Rotting
Behind my front teeth,
Rings the church bell
Of my faults,
Radiates heat and seismic doubt
Throughout my core.

Meanwhile
Hal and Julia,
Having found each other
In their swing set
Satin ribbon romance,
Make love
Behind my eyelids.
He hinders not her course,
She throws off his loose behavior,
And the salt they earn
Rolls
Rose
Nostril
To lip.
His hand
Breast
Her nails
Chest,
Locked from hip.

And in the instant
It takes me to envision-
I blink it…
Away…
To defend from her disarming
Empathy,
Her pumpkin hoody
And black framed
Gaze of wonderment.
Blink it to replace
Names
Faces
Bodies
To suit my needs;
My safety.

And though
G, Julia, Hal and I
Walk hand in hand,
We may never
Four
Merge,
Becoming two…
One…
None,
In the distance
It takes for bravery
To accept an open
Invitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home